Sunday, February 22, 2009

Little Ski Bum



Emily is our little die hard skiier. We started her last year - she tore it up. This year the first day we went up, we were sure all of our efforts had been in vain. Emi was out of control and couldn't really remember how to stop - it didn't seem to bug her much - she just sat down and crashed everytime she got going a little too fast. After we picked her up for the 20th time Brody decided enough of that, and she relearned how to stop and how to get up all by herself when she fell. Needless to say - Emi didn't have many more crashes. She took right off after that and decided she'd had enough of Shoshone - she was ready for DC.
Everytime we'd go skiing that was all she wanted was to go up Dream Catcher. Finally we caved and took her up top thinking we'd be repeating the first day of the year picking her up over and over again the whole way down. She did great, and skiied Chief Joe's Bowl like a champ!!

2 comments:

Krystal said...

YAY Emmy!!! Your kids are so determined.. I hope they rub off on my kids :) Lets go skiing together soon... maybe Ashlan will be more excited if Emily is there!

Nikki said...

Hey Amanda! Love the skiing pictures. I miss outdoor sports. Harrison loved skiing, too!! He hasn't said anything, so I haven't reminded him he's missing out! We are well. We are enjoying being close to family. I'm still trying to adjust to being a Utard. (did I say that out loud???) I haven't changed my license or my car plates. I'm so illegal! I can't get the Idaho out, I guess. But, you take the good with the bad. The weather is great here. We are expecting another addition to our family the first of October. Scary, but exciting!
We now have a family blog: chrisandnikkidale.blogspot.com

Keep in touch! Nikki